Mostly through boulder gardens and open valleys this route is, for the distance, a relatively relaxed day out. Good for those looking to get the legs going a little bit faster, the elevation all comes at an easy grade and the downhills are perfect to charge on. This loop really glows, literally, in the fall when all the flora dons its autumnal hues.
- Distance: Approximately 35 km. Lots of options available to cut it short or make it a longer day.
- Time: 4 to 7 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate. The distance is the main difficulty.
- Elevation gain: 1500 metres
- Where to Park: Skoki lodge parking lot just east of Lake Louise Ski Resort.
- Done best by: going counter-clockwise, from Ptarmigan Lake to Baker Lake, to Skoki lodge and back over Deception pass.
- Great for: the views, the colors, the dramatic landscape, the rolling trails, the fast travel... a classic not to be missed, especially in the Fall!