If you are looking for a challenging Kananaskis run/hike, look no further than the Midnight to Tiara Peak loop. Named the "Cinderella Bitchslap" by local crusher Joanna Fort, this run is quickly becoming a Kananaskis Classic for its hefty elevation gain, rugged terrain and time spent above treeline. It is also possible to combine the Midnight to Tiara loop with the Baldy traverse to make it a huge day spent on the skyline.
- Distance: Approx. 25 km
- Time: 6 to 12 hours - progress can be very slow in the alpine on the long off-trail sections
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Total Elevation Gain: 2200 meters
- Where to park: Porcupine Ridge Trailhead on the Hwy 40
- Surface: Technical. This alpine loop includes some section of moderate and difficult scrambling. Be comfortable with exposure and steep hands-on descents/climbs.
- Water: We recommend doing this loop earlier in the season since the only water source along the way is snow in the alpine. Bring lots of water if you run this route later in the Summer.