Our goal is to get your order to you as soon as humanly possible. Thank you for choosing us.
When we ship an item to you please note the following:
- We ship expedited or the cheapest, fastest option when you select “Free Shipping” for orders over $150. If you would like a faster option you can select it at check out.
- Some items that are oversized such as poles have an oversized fee (usually $40 CAD) as we are charged this by the carrier.
- We usually create shipping labels same day during opening hours to get your order out as fast as possible.
- If your order is placed before 1:00pm local time, your order will likely be dropped off at the carrier or picked up same day.
- We have multiple locations. If an item is not available in one store it will be fulfilled in the nearest store. If stock is split between stores, you will receive two shipping notifications, one for each order at no additional cost to you.
- If you are purchasing from the continental United States, we ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) tracked air to save on shipping and duty/import fees.
- If you are purchasing outside of North America we use DHL to ship worldwide with tracking.
- Shipping usually takes 3-5 business days (note this will vary based on the time of year). Shipping times are estimations based on what information the carrier provides. There is no implied promise that you will receive the item on that date (it may be faster or slower based on weather).
- Shipping fees are estimated by carriers based on weight and not dimensions. If there is a significant difference in fees we will email to confirm the additional costs for shipping.
- If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery during holidays. Orders are not delivered on weekends or holidays.
- For shipments outside of the local store's city please include a contact phone number so the carrier can contact you if they attempted a delivery.
Pick Up In Store / Local Drop Off
We offer fast and convenient local deliveries to Calgary, Cochrane, the Bow Valley for our Canmore location. We offer deliveries in Squamish, North Vancouver and the metropolitan Vancouver area for our Squamish location. If you choose local delivery please have an address with a concierge or add a note where we can leave your delivery if you are not home (ie. behind the flower pot).
For Pick Up In Store, we pull your order and set it aside in our in store pick up area. When you come in to collect your order, please have your order number so we can find your order. The system will estimate pick up windows based on traffic. They are an estimation.
Whether using Local Delivery or Pick Up In Store, you will receive a notification when your order is being prepared, out for delivery or delivered or when it is ready for pick up. Please add your cell phone number to the order so you can receive text message notifications on your order.
Your parcel has an automatic $100 insurance added in case en route your delivery is damaged, lost or stolen. If you would like additional insurance please contact us to add for an additional fee. We have Route insurance automatically turned on for your order. If you choose to turn it off, you are choosing to not insure your order over $100. Route insurance is an inexpensive way to ensure your order is insured and will be replaced if it is lost or stolen. While we are frustrated if you did not receive your order, the carrier has chosen to not take responsibility for losing your package while in their duty of care.
If you download the Shop app, Shopify offsets all the carbon emissions for your order.
How does it work?
When shipping carriers transport goods between locations, the transportation methods release greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere. Shipping is an essential aspect of most businesses, but carbon emissions from shipping negatively impact the planet and contribute to climate change.
You can reduce or remove the carbon dioxide emissions from packages that you ship in multiple ways:
- by using compostable packaging
- by using carbon-neutral shipping options
- by supporting initiatives that contribute to carbon offset or removal
A carbon offset process reduces the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, so that increased greenhouse gases elsewhere have a net impact of 0. For example, a truck might release 1 kg of CO2 in one mile, while actions to preserve a forest remove 1 kg of CO2 from the atmosphere. If you purchase one carbon offset that supports forest preservation for each mile that a truck travels, then the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere remain the same.
A carbon removal process captures carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and then stores it. For example, if a truck or a plane that delivers your shipment releases 1 kg of carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere, and you are subscribed to the Planet app, then Shopify ensures that 1kg of CO2 is also sucked from the atmosphere and stored away using solutions and technologies in Shopify Sustainability Fund.
SkiUphill RunUphill is also a 1% for the Planet Member. We donate 1% of our revenue to Canada Parks & Wilderness Society (CPAWS, Southern Alberta and BC). We are also Climate Neutral Certified as a company. In addition we reuse packaging where we can, and when we can’t, we use No Issue, compostable packaging. For more information on what we do for sustainability, check it out here.