Scarpa Spin Ultra (M)
The perfect choice for moderate to ultra distance runs, the Spin Ultra offers more cushioning than the Spin RD, in a stable package featuring ample upper protection to keep your feet feeling good in all types of terrain.
- Mesh upper is highly breathable with micro-nubuck overlay for durability.
- Sock-Fit™ LW construction provides a snug and secure fit.
- TPU toe cap protects shoes and toes from trail bumps.
- EVA midsole for cushion and energy return.
- Anti-torsion TPU insert stabilizes feet.
- Vibram® MegaGrip Litebase for lightweight grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- 4mm studs provide traction in loose terrain.
|Weight (g)||265 grams (US M 8)|
|Drop (mm)||6 mm|
|Stack Height (mm)||-|
|Upper Material||Sock-Fit LW|
|Outsole||Vibram® Velox LB Max / Megagrip|
|Width Recommendation||Medium width
|The Bottom Line|
I’m thoroughly impressed with the Scarpa Spin Ultra. It’s truly a quiver-of-one-type shoe for me, and I’d happily take this down and up (and down and up) in the Grand Canyon in Arizona, on a tour of Hardrock 100 country in Colorado, or out my door on the rolling, smooth singletrack of the edge-of-suburbia trails where I commune with the coyotes. I love the way the shoe tackles the steep rubble and uneven slopes of the mid- and high country. I love how they protect me from slickrock and pounded-out desert trails. And I love how they roll over hilly dirt roads and easy ribbons of dirt. There’s really nothing I’d change about the Spin Ultra, and I’ll definitely stock up on another pair or two before something does change. Well done, Scarpa, on hitting the sweet spots for traction and outsole durability, midsole cushioning and responsiveness, and an accommodating yet snug-fitting, quick-draining upper. This is a shoe for the long and short adventures on your calendar. IRunFar.com