For a more “technical” adventure and some exciting terrain, you’ll want to give Northover Ridge a go! Don’t worry though, views up there are still a solid 10/10, but the less traveled trails and a short section of exposed ridge are there to add some spice to your day. Up there, runners will be rewarded with great views of Mt. Joffre and other high peaks in the area.
- Time: 5 to 9 hours
- Distance: 35 to 40 km
- Difficulty: Very Difficult
- Total Elevation Gain: 1600 m
- Where to park: Interlakes Day Use Area
- Either direction works well on that loop. Both ways have their advantage. The staff at SkiUphill - RunUphill is split 50/50 between clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- Great for advanced runners looking to spice up their run a little bit.
- Surface: Technical. There is a ridge section featuring some "healthy" exposure between Aster and Three Isle.
- Be prepared for snow late into the Summer.