Hands down one of the most scenic loops in Kananaskis! The Galatea Lakes to Ribbon Creek loop features long running sections and some steeper climbing. The climb up to Guinn's Pass was just rebuilt after the 2013 floods and it's an incredible trail. Views for days up there! An easer descent back down Ribbon creek (except for the chain downclimb section) will get you back to the car quickly.
- Distance: 21 km for the traverse from Galatea Creek to Ribbon Creek via the Guinn's Pass climb.
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Total Elevation Gain: 1500 meters
- Where to park: Galatea Creek Day Use area.
- For the traverse, you will need to do a car drop at the Ribbon Creek Day Use area.
- The other option is to run back to Galatea Creek, which is an extra 11 km (blue line on the image).
- Surface: Technical. There is a short down climbing section with chains, but the rock is quite polished. Make sure you are comfortable with 4th class climbing/scrambling before running this traverse.