Camp Corsa Nanotech Ice Axe
- A technical version of the Corsa with a single-curve shaft and Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice
- Designed for glacier travel and ski mountaineering
- Nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft
- Small head slot for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately)
- Machined grip for good handling
- 50 cm length
The Corsa Nanotech is the most advanced mountaineering ice axe on the market. It merges the hyperlight properties of aluminum construction with a Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice. The steel components dramatically increase the performance of these critical points without significantly increasing the weight of the axe. The single-curve shaft provides extra clearance without interfering with walking or plunging performance. A lightweight nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft. The grip is machined for good handling and a small slot in the head allows for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately).
Sandvik Nanoflex® is an innovative patented steel alloy that is 70% stronger and 20% harder than normal steel which allows for a significant reduction in the amount of metal used, thereby decreasing weight while maintaining strength.