Blue Ice Akila Axe
Available only in 49 cm length
Lightweight, functional and durable technical piolet for alpinists or the steep skiing enthusiasts.
The Akila was developed specifically to be the leading choice for alpine climbing and ski mountaineering. Thoroughly tested to find the optimal ratio between weight and efficiency, this ice axe is a tool designed for hard use and is offered in both a hammer and adze.
Whether you are pounding in iron in for a rappel or climbing up short cruxy ice or steep icy chimney, this axe will be with you every step of the way.
- Chromoly steel ergonomic head
- Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum curved shaft
- Dual-textured grip
- Pick, adze and spike protectors included
- Sliding pommel included
- Weight: 345g (49cm)
- Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
- Designed & assembled in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Ideal uses: Ski touring, Ski Mountaineering, Steep Skiing