Description: An excellent long run through Whistlers ancient old growth. At the high point of this run you will have stunning views of Rainbow Lake and Rainbow Mountain. Pets are not recommended in this area due to a resident Grizzly Bear that calls Rainbow Mountain home. If runners set up a car shuttle at the Callaghan Nordic Center they can continue over the Rainbow Pass and down the other past Hanging lake and down the Madley Lake Trail (Recommended). The old growth on the Madley Lake Trail will take your breath away!
- Distance: 16 KM or 20 KM
- Difficulty: Moderate or Challenging
- Elevation Gain: 800 or 1100 Meters +-
- Where to Park: Rainbow Trailhead / Callaghan Nordic Center
- Surface: Roots, Rocks, Alpine Single Track
- Vehicle Access: 2WD
- Pets: Pets not recommended