Horseshoe, G8 and G9 Loops
This is a classic sunny-side trail, great for those colder days. It offers a fun network of rolling and semi-technical trails and the views of downtown Canmore and the mountains are beautiful. While the Horseshoe Loop and its variations are a great introduction trail, adding the long G9 climb or a few extra kilometres on G8 makes it a bit more challenging.
- Distance: 7.5 to 12 km
- Difficulty: Easy (Horseshoe), Intermediate (Horseshoe + G8), Challenging (Horseshoe + G9)
- Where to park: Cougar Creek Parking Lot
- Surface: non-technical to semi-technical. Some roots but overall well-traveled
- Be aware that there is a seasonal closure on G8 from December 1st to May 15th for wildlife protection.
- Grab some duck wings and a pint at Iron Goat, located across the road from the Cougar Creek parking lot. It's the best patio for views in Canmore.