Healy Pass is a mega-classic Fall run. Once the larches start turning, the entire valley lights up in amazing shades of orange and yellow and the area becomes a very crowded place. However, Healy Pass is a great option all Summer long if you are looking for moderate elevation gain, awesome views and a great day out enjoying some of the nicest alpine meadows the Rockies have to offer. Expect a well-traveled trail all the way to Healy Pass that allows for fast travel over classic hiking terrain.
- Distance: 18 to 27km - The extension to Egypt Lake and back adds approximately 10 km.
- Time: 3 to 5 hours roundtrip
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Total Elevation Gain:
- 650 m to Healy Pass
- 1100 m if you add the out-and-back to Egypt Lake
- Where to park: Sunshine Village
- Surface: Semi-Technical, well-traveled trail the entire way.