Description: Pinecone Burke Provincial Park is a lesser known gem around Squamish British Columbia. Tall and smooth granite peaks, Aqua blue lakes, and old growth forests are what best describe this quiet provincial park. Once runners arrive in the alpine they will have a few options. Our recommendation if you have more time and energy is to ascend Gillespie Peak first then traverse the ridge over to the summit of Seed Peak then return Via the Seed peak trail. Note: This route involves several short sections of 3rd class scrambling with moderate exposure and some loose rock. For an easier day doing an out and back on Seed peak is also excellent.
- Distance: 12 KM
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Elevation Gain: 1450 meters +-
- Where to Park: Mamquam Branch E110
- Surface: Roots, Rocks, Mud, Snow (seasonal)
- Vehicle Access: 4WD High Clearance
- Pets: Not recommended. Bears and other wildlife frequent this area.