Embark on an adventure along the popular trail leading to Harvery Pass, which is well-traveled and gradually gains elevation in a hiker-friendly manner. As you continue from Harvey to the summit of Bourgeau, the trail becomes more challenging, offering a touch of technicality for those seeking an extra thrill. This run is a classic Fastest Known Time (FKT) route in Banff National Park and serves as a benchmark for those aspiring to test their racing fitness. Ample water sources along the way ensure hydration, while the breathtaking views make the effort truly worthwhile, regardless of the weather conditions. However, be aware that the Bourgeau Horse Fly is notorious for its relentless and bothersome nature.
- Distance: 13 to 20 km roundtrip
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Total Elevation Gain: 1000 meters
- Where to park: Bourgeau Trailhead west of Banff
- Surface: Variable, Well maintained trail up to Bourgeau Lake