The double-wide trail that takes you up to Harvery Pass is well trodden and gains elevation as humanely as possible. The trail from Harvey to the top of Bourgeau is more scrambly and will meet the desires of those looking for a tad bit more technicality. This run is a classic FKT in Banff national park and acts as a test piece for those looking for race fitness. Lots of water along the way and great views make it a worthwhile effort no matter the weather. Be warned though, the Bourgeau Horse Fly is known for its particular brand of viciousness.
- Distance: 13 to 20 km roundtrip
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Total Elevation Gain: 1000 meters
- Where to park: Bourgeau Trailhead west of Banff
- Surface: Variable, Well maintained trail up to Bourgeau Lake