ATK Freeraider 16
The ATK® collection goes big with the FREERAIDER 16, a tool for the hardcharging freeriders who really want to ski it hard!
The toe piece design shows a special geometry of the front lever elements that allows a super easy boot step-in (Easy Entry System®). The locking mechanisms are isolated from snow, ice and debris thanks to the Snow Pack Proof System®. The Up-hill Hardness Variator® is placed between the front lever and the base of the toe piece, it allows to change the locking hardness in uphill mode and provides the stiffest clamping out there.
The heel piece with the integrated Ski Brake is the result of the best ATK® patented systems. Boot step-in and vertical release (9-16) are managed by the Cam Release System® which guarantees the best boot stabilization and the highest downhill performance among tech bindings. The Elastic Response System®, with a 12 mm elastic travel, grants a natural flex of the ski. The Magneto Heel Flap System® provides 5 walking modes (Flat; + 27.5 mm; +30 mm; +44 mm; +49 mm), which can be easily selected and stabilized with a magnet system.
But the FREERAIDER 16 is much more than a FREERAIDER: in addition to the well-known FREERIDE SPACER (COD: AL09), it also includes the RAIDER TOE SHIM (COD: AL12) that reduces the drop (by 4mm) between the toe and heel piece and makes the binding even flatter for the best freeride feelings.
- Easy Entry System®: new geometry of the toe parts elements that makes the step-in easy and confident with any tech boot available on the market, even in case of worn out soles.
- SNOW PACK PROOF SYSTEM®: no snow pack under the toe part, even with several up-hill/downhill transitions; it also avoids snow loads on the toe piece, granting a perfect lightness at any moment.
- U.H.V.® System (Up-hill Hardness Variator): system that allows to change the up-hill locking hardness of the toe part. It compensates the boot toe insert wear and tear during the years, provides a proper locking strenght for each user and reduces the pressures on the locking mechanism.
- CAM RELEASE SYSTEM®: exclusive system that provides the most stable downhill performance on the market, extremely precise release and the softest heel step-in of the industry.
- ELASTIC RESPONSE SYSTEM®: an elastic sliding system ( 8+4 / tot 12 mm of elasticity) applied to the heel part to ensure the natural ski flex (also in case of big jumps/compressions), improves the binding release performance when the binding is stressed, reduces the pressure on the ski-boot-binding system.
- New FREERIDE SPACER included.
- An updated version of Magneto Heel Flaps® provides 5 different walking modes.
- The built-in crampons slot assures the perfect insertion of any ATK® crampon size.
- A 25 mm ADJUSTMENT PLATE is integrated in the heel part to assure a fast adjustment in case of boot substitution.
- The release system on the heel part provides a 8 to 14 adjustment range, both lateral (Mz) and vertical (My).
|BSL Adjustment||25 mm|
|Riser Heights||Flat / +27.5 / +30 / +44 / +49 mm|
|Vertical Release||Adjustable RV from 9 to 16|
|Lateral Release||Adjustable RV from 9 to 16|
|Crampon Ready||Yes, Included Crampon Slots|
Sending hard in the backcountry
All the power, now without the weight
Freeride Space and Toe Shims included