Pieps Powder BT
A high performance avalanche beacon outfitted with all the features needed for fast, accurate searches in the event of a slide, the BD Recon BT/PIEPS Powder BT Avalanche Beacon features Bluetooth capabilities, an updated user interface and clear blue housing. The beacon’s Bluetooth connection allows you to manage settings and software updates from your smartphone, while the redesigned housing features soft-touch contact points for improved handling. With a 60-meter circular range, three antennas for pinpoint search accuracy, a self-check function for always-accurate antennas and Digital Signal Processing to account for wayward beacon signals, the Powder BT is the go-to beacon for serious backcountry travelers. The included harness-style carrying pouch provides comfortable, streamlined storage and fast removal for beacon practice and emergency response.
Review of all relevant hardware and software elements as well as showing the current software version.
PERFECTLY READABLE DISPLAY
in all lighting conditions
due to exact signal processing without any performance losses
PIEPS INTERFERENCE PROTECTION
The influence of external interferences is eliminated or reduced to a minimum:
- Protection in send mode with Auto-Antenna-Switch: If the transmitting antenna is impacted by external interference, the other antenna would take over the transmit function.
- Protection in search mode with Signal Verification: Only a verified 457kHz signal is indicated.
The PIEPS POWDER BT can be temporarily deactivated using the smart iPROBE. The receiving beacon automatically receives the next strongest signal.
This function automatically switches the PIEPS POWDER BT from search mode to transmit mode, if the beacon is not moving for a certain time (in case of burial).
Reviews the activity and transmission parameters of the partner device. PIEPS recommends to perform a group check before each tour.
High wearing comfort at low weight
Neoprene pouch with soft shoulder strap
Quick-Pull-System for fast access to the device
- Maximum range (m): 60
- Search strip width (m): 60
- Dimensions (mm, LxWxH): 118 x 76 x 29
- Weight (g, incl. batteries): 220
- Power supply: 3 batteries (AAA)
- Battery lifetime (min. h) : 300
- Receiving frequency (kHz): 457
- Transmission frequency (kHz): 457
- Temperature range: -20°C to +45°C
Tests and Reviews
What Beacon Reviews says:
The Pieps Powder BT and Black Diamond Recon BT have excellent search ranges, simple user interfaces, and are easy to update. They are an excellent choice for both new and experienced backcountry travelers. Read More