Two options for the August 7th Long Run:
1) Social/Chill Paced Group : Rockbound Lake - Helena Peak
- From the Castle Mountain trailhead, we'll do an out-and-back to Rockbound Lake. From Rockbound lake it'll be possible to summit Helena Peak or Castle Mountain depending on conditions and your ability.
- It's a 20 km roundtrip to Rockbound lake with around 800m of elevation gain and around 25 km if you add Helena Peak to your day.
- Non-technical trail on the frontside for the first 7 km, then semi-technical to technical as you get closer to Rockbound Lake.
- We are in need of a volunteer to lead this group. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested and we'll figure out a reward ;)
2) Faster Group / Difficult Option - Protection Mountain to Stuart Knob Traverse
- This is a long and full-value day in the alpine, including some hands-on scrambling and some long sections off-trail on scree.
- 32 km, 2100 m of elevation gain
- This is a committing mountain run, there is no possibility to bail once you're on the ridge to Protection mountain until Rockbound Lake.
- We'll meet at 8 AM at the store for those who want to carpool
- We'll all meet at 8:45 at the Castle Mountain Trailhead just east of the 93S junction on the Highway 1A
- For the harder run, we'll leave some of the cars at the trailhead, then we'll fill a few cars and drive over to the start of the run. This longer option is a point-to-point run.