Time to hit the ultimate Rockies Classic on August 14th!
Lots of local trail runners and hikers will say the Rockwall is the ultimate Rockies trail experience. If you are on the hunt for a long day on one of the most breathtaking trail systems in North America, the Rockwall is for you. At 56 kilometre long and 2600 meters of elevation gain, it'll test your trail running skills in a way not many long runs do. The Rockwall covers a huge amount of alpine landscapes. This leads to spectacular views for hours and hours!
- There is an option to cut the day short at 27.5 km (Tumbling valley) to make the run 39-40 km instead of the full loop.
- Both Joel and Gavin will be there to lead various speeds.
- It's always really fun to hang out by the river afterwards. Bring snacks and beverages for the post-run river hang :)
Meeting at the Paint Pots Trailhead at 8 AM. From there we'll carpool to the start at Floe Lake and leave some cars behind to retrieve our rides at the end of the day.
- Please be prepared for 8 to 12 hours on the trails, and carry enough food, layers and hydration.
- There are lots of creeks along the way so it's easy to refill water bottles. You'll want to carry a filter.